Build Over Agreement Water Main

We advise you to divert the pipes around all the proposed buildings or extensions. If you can`t, channel all pipes and fittings under the building so that they are accessible for repairs. If any of the works are located outside your borders, please see working near our pipes. If your answers meet our needs, we will send you an agreement. If this is not the case, we will forward you to request an authorized build-over agreement for which you will have to pay. There is a discount for online payment. There are two possible ways to get our permission if you want to build above or near our sewers: our fee covers the costs of: – – – Management of your declaration — Site inspection, if necessary — – Technical assistance – – – – – Link with the control of the building or your approved inspector – – Issuance of your consent or agreement Sometimes, problems arise when homeowners try to sell their land partially or totally built over a public sewer. Winter gardens and extensions are the usual culprits. If no construction contract has been concluded during the execution of the work, the water company has the legal right to enter the land to access the sewers, even if this means that the structure above the sewers will be demolished. However, the Water Company will not cause damage to the extent possible and will look for other ways to access the sewers, but the risk remains. If a Build Over agreement has been reached, the water company is not allowed to remove or demolish the structure above the sewers. For this reason, you must let us know if you plan to expand your home so that we can ensure that your home and our pipes are protected during and after construction.

If the sewage disposal channel is not domestic and / or has a diameter greater than 160 mm, we will not grant permission until we have carried out a CCTV study before construction. You can then perform the authorized work. NB: if the sewage disposal channel is pumped, an overstructure or just before the agreement is not allowed and a section 185 “diversion of a public sewer” can be requested. To find out whether or not you are eligible for a self-certified agreement, complete the questionnaire on the Thames Water Build Over website (link above). Or ask us! Take our online questionnaire and find out if you qualify for a free self-certified build-over agreement. This agreement is free of charge and will be served on you immediately by e-mail. You must request an agreement if: To request construction above or near a public sewer, please apply via InFlow via the link on the right. If you have the right to enter into a self-certified agreement, simply complete the online questionnaire and you can start your work immediately (provided that your work matches the description you provided in the online questionnaire).

A self-certified agreement is free of charge. If it is found that the existing pipe is in poor condition or the material is unlucky, you need to reinstall the length of the tube under the structure at your own expense so that you can consider an extension. This minimizes the risk of structural pipe failure after construction, and the potential for inconvenience and service failure for you in the future. Following recent government recommendations, we have made the decision to close our offices to prevent and slow the spread of the COVID-19 coronavirus. This provides the location of known water and/or discharge pipes, including pipe size and flow direction. Pipe depths and coverage levels are reported when data are available. If you are building within three metres of a public sewer or one metre of a public side cub view, you will need our permission before starting work. Working within your limits don`t normally need our permission….